Finally, Microsoft decided to sell their own branded laptop in the market, like apple and introduced ‘Surface Laptop’. Surface is laptop not tablet. Surface Laptop comes with four rich tone-on-tone colour combinations (Burgundy, Platinum, Cobalt Blue and Graphite Gold) and a clean, elegant design.
Surface Laptop is designed for Windows 10 S — streamlined for security and superior performance. Applications are delivered via the Windows Store, ensuring that they’re Microsoft verified.
Surface Laptop is thin, light, and powerful, with luxurious touches and a perfect balance of performance, portability, and battery life. Surface laptop is convenient for travelling due to its light weight 1.25 Kgs and better battery life of up to 14.5 hours.
Easy to care for
A stunning screen that responds to your touch.
Screen Size : 13.5”
Screen Resolution : 2256×1504
Weight : 1.25 Kgs
Storage : 128GB, 256 GB or 512 GB
RAM : 4GB,8GB or 16 GB
Battery Life : Up to 14.5 Hours
|Intel Core i5
|Intel HD Graphics 620
|Intel Core i5
|Intel HD Graphics 620
|Colour: Platinum / Burgundy / Cobalt Blue / Graphite Gold
|Intel Core i7
|Intel Iris Plus / Graphics 640
|Intel Core i7
|Intel Iris Plus / Graphics 640
Searching for a job? It will be getting easier than before. As announced in Google I/O 2017 conference, google launched it’s new feature for job seekers in US. This new job search features used machine learning to get the results from various job sites.
When you search for “jobs near me,” “teaching jobs,” or similar job-seeking queries, you’ll see in-depth results that allow you to explore jobs from across the web.
Google is working with a number of organizations from across the industry to bring the most comprehensive listing of jobs – including LinkedIn, Monster, WayUp, DirectEmployers, CareerBuilder, Glassdoor and Facebook. This means you’ll see job postings from these sites and many others from across the web as soon as they’re posted. Also direct employers jobs listing can be appears in this google job search list and for this google announced ‘open documentation‘.
Augmented reality (AR) adds digital elements to a live view often by using the camera on a smartphone.
Virtual Reality (VR) is the use of computer technology to create a simulated environment.
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) continue to gain momentum in the mainstream tech media. According to recent forecast data from the International Data Corporation, (IDC) dedicated AR and VR headsets collectively are expected to grow at a very strong pace from just under 10 million units in 2016 to just shy of 100 million units in 2021, with a 5-year CAGR of 57.7%.
|Worldwide AR and VR Headset Shipments, Segment Share, and CAGR, 2016 – 2021
|Total AR Headsets
|Source: IDC Worldwide AR/VR Headset Tracker, June 19, 2017
COMPUTEX 2017 (IT Exhibition) has taken place in Taipei from 30 May 2017 to 5 June 2017. COMPUTEX 2017 consists of 1,600 exhibitors from 26 countries using 5,010 booths which include 272 participating startups from 23 countries.
The organizers announced on June 3, 41,378 international visitors from 167 countries attended the show, a 1% increase from last year. Countries with the highest visitor growth include Thailand (30.63%), Indonesia (22.52%), India (20.86%), Vietnam (20.44%), and Russia (14.81%).
AI and IoT Take Center Stage Today at COMPUTEX CPX Conference.
Show Position & Themes
COMPUTEX 2017 is re-positioned to Building Global Technology Ecosystems which include 5 main themes: AI & Robotics, Innovations & Startups, Business Solutions, IoT Applications, and Gaming & VR.
- Echoing with COMPUTEX main themes, 4 featured exhibits are established: SmarTEX, InnoVEX, iStyle, Gaming & VR
- Intel Launched Latest Intel Core X-Series Processor
- With up to 18 cores and 36 threads, the Intel® Core™ X-series processor family is our most powerful ever. Produce your own amazing 4K or 360-degree videos. Power your gaming and virtual reality experiences. Experience the capability to do it all.
Microsoft announced the latest games console in its line-up, a more powerful version of the Xbox One called the Xbox One X. To be released on 7th Nov 2017 and it will cost US $499.99 or SG $699. Microsoft proud that XBOX One X is the world’s most powerful console for gaming. It also the smallest XBOX yet.
- Games perform better on Xbox One X. With 40% more power than any other console, can experience truly immersive 4K gaming.
- Works with all your Xbox One games and accessories
- Great for 1080p screens—games run smoothly, look amazing, and load quickly
- Unprecedented performance – Maximize game performance with the speed of 12GB GDDR5 graphics memory, and see every frame with 326 GB/sec memory bandwidth.
- Play with the best global community on Xbox Live, the most advanced gaming network.
- Memory & Storage – 8GB Flash Memory / 1TB HDD Internal Storage / 12GB GDDR5 at 326 GB/s
- Video Capabilities – 4K UHD Blu-Ray Optical Disc Drive / HDMI 2.0b (out), 2160p @60Hz, AMD Free Sync / HDR 10 support
||XBOX One X
||XBOX One S
|Enjoy 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ & 4K video streaming
|Play 100+ console exclusives, 300+ Xbox 360 games
|Rely on fast, stable, dedicated Xbox Live servers
|Experience premium Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio
|Works with all your games and accessories
|Feel the difference: games play better with 6 teraflops
|Stream and record clips in 4K resolution at 60FPS
|See every frame with 326 GB/sec memory bandwidth
|Relish 40% more power than any other console
Wi-Fi is an abbreviation of the phrase Wireless Fidelity.
- Useful for smartphones, tablet devices and other portable devices to connect at any convenient location within premises.
- To connect a new device with a network, simply turn on the Wi-Fi and do the simple configuration settings.
- Internet can be accessed from anywhere, ie. Bus, train, coffee-shop, super market, etc.
- It is convenient to add more wireless devices with current hardware settings without any cost and time.
- WiFi enabled devices are used at offices for convenient to access their files at any location and it gives more productivity for the company.
- Cost Control
- In WiFi network devices can be added without any cost unlike cables needs to be get man power to do the job.
- Standardization of Technology
- Wi-Fi technology has standardized for all countries, it helps for the mobile devices to connect the WiFi regardless of the location.
- Although Gigabit WiFi is available in the market, we cannot get the gigabit speed at all locations. Now cable network has 10 Gbps speed.
- WiFi signal is depends on the interference. Ie. Concrete wall will reduce the signal strength. Also, there is a limit for distance to connect WiFi signals.
- WiFi router has various encryption methods to secure our network password. Need to be done proper configuration before use the WiFi network.
Samsung launched its next Galaxy smart phone series S8 and S8+, end of March 2017 with stunning infinity display, smart assistant Bixby, camera, security, smart switch and many more….
The revolutionary design of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ begins from the inside out. The Infinity Display has an incredible end-to-end screen that spills over the phone’s sides, forming a completely smooth, continuous surface with no bumps or angles. It’s pure, pristine, uninterrupted glass. This makes up the entire front of the phone, as it flows seamlessly into its aluminium shell. The result is a beautifully curved, perfectly symmetrical device.
Bixby completely changes the way you interact with your phone. It’s a personal assistant that understands talk, text, and taps so you’re never confined to one mode of communication. It also completely changes the way you use your phone. You don’t even have to ask Bixby, just show it what you want by opening your camera app. It’s so incredibly easy.
Capture life as it happens with the Galaxy S8 and S8+ cameras. The intuitive 12MP rear camera and the 8MP front camera ensure you don’t miss a moment, whether it’s day or night.
From your photos and videos to contact and music, Smart Switch lets you easily transfer memories from your old phone to your new Galaxy S8 or S8+
||Midnighg Black, Orchid Gray and Mapple Gold
||148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm
||159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm,
|| 5.8 inch
||Dual Edge SUPER AMOLED
||Dual Edge SUPER AMOLED
||2960 x 1440 , 570ppi
||2960 x 1440 , 529 ppi
||Front 8MP, Rear 12 MP
||Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor
||64 GB * May differ by country and carrier
|External Memory Support
||MicroSD (Up to 256GB)
||LTE Cat 9 (up to 450Mbps)
||Dual SIM model (4G + 3G Hybrid slot): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 256GB)
||Android 7.0 (Nougat)
||Ultra High Quality Audio Playback. Ultra High Quality Audio Playback Supports UHQ 24-bit audio
||UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) | 30fps
||Ultra Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging (Built-in).
*Fast Wireless Charging Pad to be purchased separately.
||Lock Type: Pattern, Pin, Password.
Biometrics Lock Type: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition
Facebook announced that the making Facebook accessible to everyone is a key part of building global community. Facebook is allowing publishers to include closed captions in Facebook Live, helping people who are deaf or hard of hearing to experience live videos. Now, if your captioning settings are turned on, you’ll automatically see closed captions on Live broadcasts when they’re available.
Over the past year, daily watch time for Facebook Live broadcasts has grown by more than 4x, and 1 in 5 Facebook videos is a Live broadcast. By enabling publishers to include closed captions with their Live broadcasts, hope more people can now participate in the exciting moments that unfold on Live.
How it works
Closed captions help make video content accessible to everyone in the Facebook community. Facebook now enables publishers to add closed captions to their Facebook Live broadcasts using
the CEA-608 closed captions standard. Captions using this standard can now be ingested into Facebook Live broadcasts through the Facebook Live API.
To enable closed captions:
1. Before you go live, set up a third-party tool or start working with a third-party caption provider to enable live captions for your broadcast. Options include Ai-Media and Telestream.
2. Along with the video footage you capture in your live broadcast, insert or pass through embedded CEA-608 captions data into the live encoder.
3. Stream your live broadcast feed via the Facebook Live API.
People can then view embedded closed captions for your broadcast in a Facebook experience on Android, iOS, or web browsers.
Apple’s WWDC 2017 (Worldwide Developers Conference) held on June 5, 2017 at San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, USA. There are exciting announcements for iPhone, iPad, imac,iOS, macOS and HomePad.
- Redesigned Retina display
- 5-inch or 12.9-inch model
- Camera 12 MP / 7MP (Face time HD camera)
- Up to 10 hours battery life
- Up to 512 GB Storage
- 2224 x 1668 resolution
- A10X Fusion Chip
- Compatible with Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard
- 120 Hz Refresh Rate
- The world’s most advanced display
- More powerful than most PC laptops
- 866 Mbps WiFi / support 25 LTE bands / up to 450 Mbps via LTE
- Touch ID 2x faster than previous generation
- Smart keyboard for both the 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models.
- 5-inch 6.1 mm thin and 1 pound
- 9-inch 6.9 mm thin and 1.5 pounds
iOS 11 makes iPhone better than before. It makes iPad more capable than ever. And now it opens both to amazing possibilities for augmented reality in games and apps. With iOS 11, iPhone and iPad are the most powerful, personal, and intelligent devices they’ve ever been.
- Wherever they are, they’re here
- The new Files app brings all your files together. You can easily browse, search, and organize all your files in one place.
- The new Dock.
- Bottom line, a more powerful way to work.
- Better in multiple ways.
- Drag and Drop.
- Apple Pencil.
- More ways to make your mark.
- Augmented reality.
- Apps that can change your world.
- Apple Pay.
- Pay friends with a message.
- Live Photos.
- Livelier than ever.
- See your photos in a whole new light.
- The all-new App Store.
- Get to apps with fewer taps.
- Naturally, more helpful.
- AirPlay 2. Home, sweet-sounding home.
- Control Center.
- Lock screen.
- All your notifications in one handy place
- Do Not Disturb.
- When you’re driving, just drive.
- Stay on course. Indoors and out.
- Quick Type keyboard.
- Type with one hand tied behind your back.
- Automatic Setup.
- Get off to a quick start.
- 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display – 8GB dedicated VRAM ; 4.5 GHz speed
- 5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display – 4GB dedicated VRAM ; 4.2 GHz speed
- Seventh generation intel core i5 or i7 processors
- 43% brighter than previous models
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports each delivering up to 40Gb/s data transfer
- The new Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
iMac Pro (Available December 2017)
- 8-, 10-, or 18-core Xeon processor
- Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
- Up to 42MB cache
- Radeon Pro Vega:
- 11 teraflops single precision
- 22 teraflops half precision
- 8GB or 16GB High Bandwidth Memory
- 400 GB/s memory bandwidth
- Up to 128GB
- 2666MHz DDR4 ECC
- Up to 4TB SSD
- 3GB/s throughput
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports
- Up to 44 million pixels
- 10Gb Ethernet
- Also supports Nbase-T industry-standard 1Gb, 2.5Gb, and 5Gb link speeds.
- Retina 5K display:
- 500 nits
- 43% brighter
- One billion colors
- Support for 10-bit spatial and temporal dithering.
macOS High Sierra
macOS High Sierra introduces new core technologies that improve the most essential functions of your Mac. From rearchitecting how it stores your data to improving how you watch videos to unleashing the full power of the graphics processors, it’s all central to today’s Mac experience.
- Apple File System.
- Your data is under new management.
- HEVC. The new standard for video.
- High Efficiency Video Coding, also known as H.265
- Virtual reality for Mac.
- Photos. More ways to edit. More ways to organize. More ways to wow.
A smarter coach and workout partner. Better in tune with your taste in music. And an even more proactive all-day assistant. With watchOS 4, Apple Watch is dialed in to you like never.
- Daily Inspiration
- Evening push
- Monthly Challenge
- Quick start
- High Intensity Interval Training
- Enhanced Swim Tracking
- Gym Equipment Sync
- Quick switch
- Do not disturb
- More songs on your wrist
- Automatic sync
- All-Day Assistant
- Siri watch face
- Kaleidoscope watch face
- Toy story watch face
- Person to person payment
- Apple pay cash
- News app
HomePod (available December 2017)
HomePod is a powerful speaker that sounds amazing, adapts to wherever it’s playing, and together with Apple Music, gives you effortless access to one of the world’s largest music catalogs. All controlled through natural voice interaction with Siri.1 It takes the listening experience to a whole new level. And that’s just the beginning.
- 8 inches high (172 mm)
- 6 inches wide (142 mm)
- 5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Available in two colours
- Audio Technology
- High-excursion woofer with custom amplifier
- Array of seven horn-loaded tweeters, each with its own custom amplifier
- Six-microphone array for far-field Siri and room sensing
- Internal low-frequency calibration microphone for automatic bass correction
- Direct and ambient audio beamforming
- Transparent studio-level dynamic processing
- 11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
- Multiroom speaker support with AirPlay 23
- English (Australia, UK, U.S.)
Google I/O is an annual developer conference held by Google in San Francisco, California on 17 – 19 May 2017.
- Google products have over one million active users.
- Google photos users upload 1.2 billion photos daily.
- Google maps users navigate over one billion miles per day.
- Android now has over two billion active devices.
- YouTube viewers view over one billion hours of video per day.
- Google Lens
- It’s a set of vision-based computer capabilities that will show up on Google Photos and Google Assistant first.
- Google Assistant available on iPhone
- Google Assistant SDK allows any manufacturer to include assistant in virtually any smart phone.
- That includes drink mixers, refrigerators, washing machines, or whatever
- This summer, Google Home (Voice-activated speaker) will be launched in Canada, Australia, France, Germany, and Japan.
- Google Photos will soon be able to remove obstructions from photos.
- For instance, it can remove a fence if you want to just have the image behind the fence.
- YouTube will begin to support 360-degree video (including live video) on television
- Kotlin will be an officially supported language in Android. It’s a new programming language.
- Google announced Android Go.
- It optimizes the latest Android releases to run on low end phones.
- Google announced that standalone VR (Virtual Reality) headsets are coming.
- It’ll be an Android powered device made specifically for a VR experience.
- Partners include Qualcomm, HTC, and Lenovo.
- Devices will come to market later this year.