Wi-Fi is an abbreviation of the phrase Wireless Fidelity.
- Useful for smartphones, tablet devices and other portable devices to connect at any convenient location within premises.
- To connect a new device with a network, simply turn on the Wi-Fi and do the simple configuration settings.
- Internet can be accessed from anywhere, ie. Bus, train, coffee-shop, super market, etc.
- It is convenient to add more wireless devices with current hardware settings without any cost and time.
- WiFi enabled devices are used at offices for convenient to access their files at any location and it gives more productivity for the company.
- Cost Control
- In WiFi network devices can be added without any cost unlike cables needs to be get man power to do the job.
- Standardization of Technology
- Wi-Fi technology has standardized for all countries, it helps for the mobile devices to connect the WiFi regardless of the location.
- Although Gigabit WiFi is available in the market, we cannot get the gigabit speed at all locations. Now cable network has 10 Gbps speed.
- WiFi signal is depends on the interference. Ie. Concrete wall will reduce the signal strength. Also, there is a limit for distance to connect WiFi signals.
- WiFi router has various encryption methods to secure our network password. Need to be done proper configuration before use the WiFi network.